Thursday, March 10, 2011

back soon, I swear...

There hasn't been a lot of action on the sewing front in Sarah land this week. My machine is in the shop, having some divets in the bobbin case case thing (technical, I know) filed smooth again, and I'm going a little bit stir crazy from lack of sewing, but hope to be back in business soon. The pink plaid shirt is all cut out and ready to go, and I'm going shopping this weekend for experimental panty-making-experiment supplies, so there's lots to do once I have poor old Betty (otherwise known as the Janome mystyle100) back.

Also, I finally bought a bunch of Colette patterns that I had been ogling from a distance for a while now, and fabric to make them in, all in the mail and being impatiently waited for. Get ready to be inundated with different variations of these once they show up :). If you haven't heard of Colette Patterns, go check them out, now. So very pretty. And their blog is full of helpful hints and tips to make your sewing even more lovely, as well as designer bios and all sorts of other goodies.

I was just going to at least post some me-made-march pictures, before realising that my camera batteries are too dead to even copy pictures to my computer. We've pretty much run the gamut of my wardrobe at the moment though, from here on it's just the same things in different combination anyway.  Definitely time to get on sewing more everyday staple pieces.

It's not a post without some eye candy though, so here's a sneak peak of my most recent etsy finds.

Butterick 6582 repro wiggle dress

McCall's 9755

Don't you just love the scalloped neckline? And the jacket! It makes me swoon just thinking of the possible fabric combinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment